Sick goat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sick goat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

I have a six bolt klaxon horn that's been laying around for many years in my garage. I think it's for an A not T but I need a horn on the 26 so I worked a little magic and got it working . The disk that makes the noise is about 1/4 missing from rust. It works and is pretty loud but it sounds like a cross between a impact wrench a sick goat. Rather unique sound. Does anyone sell parts for these? Or is it worth fixing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

Hey, That would be comparable to the bull horn a friend has on his 65 ford truck. Sounds just like a dang cow.made to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Yes if its a Model A horn, look at Snyder's on line catalog. There should be a makers name on the motor cover or where the flange diaphram goes. They have the diaphram and gaskets.
There are aftermarket horns that look like Model A and could be 6 or 12 volts. Generally they don't have a name on them but the gaskets and diaphram should work.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/search?q=model+a+horn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Dallas, from memory, the bit in the middle which makes the diaphragm vibrate, is riveted on. You should be able to re-rivet it to a standard T diaphragm, if the diameters are the same. The diaphragms for Ts are listed by the vendors.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Dallas,

You may like this firm:

http://www.funprojects.com/search.aspx?querystr=horn%20diaphragm&querytype=all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:15 am:

I thought this was going to be about a GTO?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:24 am:

O.K. Herb thread drift....Gran Turismo Omologato and most people these days ruin them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:30 am:

I scared the crap out of my wife the other night when I honked at some friends! She hadn't heard it and didn't know I hit the button . She jumped and wanted to know what the hll was that noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:03 am:

Just your T making friends Dallas :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration