Looked at project 27 coupe tonight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Looked at project 27 coupe tonight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Question any reason a 27 T coupe trunk would close over the lovwer panel by a half inch? Do they have adjustments at the hinge in the trunk area. That's now covered up. the guy that is selling it maybe got the lower panel in the wrong spot???. Both parts are aftermarket. He has it for sale but he is a little high and that trunk lid is a bother unless there is adjustment in the top at the hinge area. There still a lot of them around and I don't want to get into anything crazy. There are alt of good originals out there!! This was is just really close. Just your opinion. I couldn't take a pic he wouldn't low me too.lol Thanks in advance Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Tim, the decklid should overlap the bottom panel by about a half inch. The reason is to keep water from entering the trunk through the decklid at the bottom edge. The panel below the decklid should have an indention along the entire top edge for the decklid to sit on. Also, there should be drip rails in the inside of each quarter panel under the decklid to channel water that might come in the trunk between the sides of the decklid and the quarter panels. You said both pieces are reproductions. While the outer skin of the decklid and the panel below it are reproduced, the inner bracing for the decklid and the lower panel, are not reproduced. The decklid is available with the inner bracing in fiberglas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

I would be wary of anyone who wouldn't allow you to take a photo. What does he have to hide?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:19 am:

My lid does not overlap the outer panel at all, but there is a step in the reinforcement.
It is adjustable at the hinges.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

I agree with Michael. If I went to look at a vehicle and they said I couldn't take photos, I'd thank them for wasting my time and then leave.

Several times I've looked at older cars and taken a ton of photos, then studied them for a while, decided I wanted it, and then bought the vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Maybe the seller didn't want this crowd ripping into his car over mismatched hub caps or spark plugs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

I'd put my bet on him not wanting an informed buyer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration