Topanga Canyon 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Topanga Canyon 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:04 am:

They don't look like the hippies I remember

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:06 am:

I drive it every day after work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Why so sad little Roadster? :-) Looks like a wide track...Great pic Kirk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:38 am:

Could that be my runabout? I don't think it is a wide track.
Interesting headlamp lens covers?
That license plate was used for four years in Califunny, '16 through '19. This one appears to have the "bear" tab on it which makes it a 1916. 1917 changed the tab to a poppy, '18 was a bell, 1919 ended the blue on white porcelain plate run with a star shaped metal tab. After that, 1920 onward, Califunny used stamped steel plates. The colors changed almost every year, and the size changed several times over the next hundred years (almost now), although settling for the federal mandated standardized size in 1956. Steel was replaced by aluminum off and on again about 1970.

Hmmm. I seem to be rambling. Anyway, the license plate indicates a 1916 photo. The brass trim on the lamps indicate a true '15.
Nice picture! Have to bookmark this one.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:17 am:

I really should be working instead of "driving" Topango Canyon on Google Maps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Chris, I love google Earth, thank for taking the time to find this, I know it can take awhile, I've found my great grandparents places doing this.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration