On Saturday November 3, 1900

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: On Saturday November 3, 1900
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Did you know, on Saturday November 3, 1900 The first automobile show in the United States opened at New York’s Madison Square Garden under the auspices of the Automobile Club of America.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:00 am:

...and Alexander Winton punched James Ward Packard in the snoot. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:11 am:

And on November 3,1911 Louis Chevrolet and William Durant founded the Chevrolet Motor Company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Thank you, Dennis. Steve, were you there to witness this, or is that a rumor going around?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Who remembers Edward R. Murrow's "You Are There!"??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Marv, I remember Edward R. Murrow on black & white TV, as a chain smoker.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

'History' isn't a required subject anymore in our schools. Should we realize something? Anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

"Everything is as it was, but YOU ARE THERE!!"
I remember watching the episode on the Titanic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

And Howdy Doody, and Gabby Hayes, and Hopalong Cassidy, and test patterns. God I'm getting old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Howdy Doody....heck it was Winky Dink, the first truely interactive intertainment !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

In Tin Lizzie by Stern there is a picture of Bob Smith/Buffalo Bob driving a model T in New York City.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Warren, Harry Bennett told me.

The anchor on You Are There was Walter Cronkite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

WOW David you are old, you watched YOU ARE THERE on the Titanic!? They didn't have TVs on that ship did they

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Doug, TTTHHHHHT!
Yeah, that is what I wrote, isn't it??
One of the main flaws with all the Titanic movies is the lighted funnels. Wasn't done back then.
Steve, That's what I recall too, "Uncle Walt" was the moderator. (Not, not Disney, that was the other Uncle Walt.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

One of the great late 50's shows that I liked was YOU ASKED FOR IT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Brought to you by Skippy Peanut butter. Host was Art Baker. The other sponsor was Chevrolet "valve in head" trucks.

just sayin

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:35 am:

I always liked "Industry On Parade", narrated by Lowell Thomas. Learned a lot from that show in the mid fifties. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration