A ray of sunshine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A ray of sunshine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:16 am:

With all of the turmoil going on in our country and its spillover into our club, I would like to offer a ray of sunshine, a breath of fresh air so to speak.....We have had, thanks to so many volunteers everywhere, many wonderful things happen around our club. The much anticipated vintage garage is almost completed after many months of work and presently holds two T's being prepped for the annual Veterans Parade. We can now accept vintage tools and other items necessary to equip the garage. Please let us know what you have. Yesterday a donated flag pole was installed outside the museum. Monday a group of dedicated volunteers helped the museum staff stuff envelopes for the Wayne County matching grant that our Executive Director worked very hard to procure for the museum. More about this will be posted later.

Last week a beautiful 1925 pickup arrived, on loan, at the museum with the caveat that it be driven. We will definitely try to oblige the owner. Planning is underway for a national tour to be held in Richmond in July, 2018. Although, no one should expect it to be anything along the scale of the Centennial Celebration, we will try to make it a fun tour.

The past few months have been filled with very memorable events: the wonderful opportunity to display the Silver Streak in our museum for several months, the best Homecoming yet, a fantastic national tour in New Mexico and a very successful time in Hershey to name just a few highlights.

I have purposefully not mentioned any names of volunteers for fear of leaving someone out, but as you can see it takes many of them to make good things happen. Hopefully you will get the chance to meet some of them as well as our hard working museum staff and say a heartfelt Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:43 am:

So glad to hear the good news, Keep the sunshine coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Ditto that. Cant wait for the 2018 tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Thank you Jerry!!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Jerry,

Thanks for the encouragement! And thanks to all the many many volunteers who keep things going!

Thankfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Sounds like a grand pjan, Jerry!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Thank you Jerry for what you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:16 am:

Thank you Jerry K! I needed a day brightener, and your post was it.
Thank you, and all the others that make the club, and the museum, what they are today! All of you are wonderful.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Jerry -- Thanks for the update on the Museum's progress, and the news of the 2018 tour. I was at the Homecoming in 2015, and the roads we drove were some of the best Model T roads I've ever been on. And that's saying a lot, since we have some of the best Model T roads in the world here in NWA. :-) I'm looking forward to the tour.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration