Old Photo - Model T Era Automobile Repair Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Automobile Repair Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:03 am:

I can hear their wives now, "How do you expect me to get those things clean?" and "Don't come in my house with those things on"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:04 am:

HA HA...The middle guy has a 'stash and the guy on the right looks like he's doin' the Groucho thing by painting one on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:16 am:

The nose always itch when your hands are really dirty.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:18 am:

You should have seen them before they got cleaned up for the picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Where's the guy in the suit and tie? How will they know what to do next?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Great picture of that special era. The car and the motor on the bench are Maxwell model 25. It had a 2 Main bearing crankshaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Wow Richard, I'm impressed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

At days end they would just stack the overalls in the corner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

Bet that tin shed was hot in the summertime! I can only think how the overalls smelled after a week or two!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

I heard on good authority that the overalls aren't really yours until you can whistle to them and they come over and jump on you.
Or was that a dog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Stack 'em? they look like they could walk away by themselves!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

In all these pictures the mechanics are the only
guys not wearing a tie, everyone camps in a tie
sits in the dirt in a tie, goes on picnics in
a tie, washes their car in a tie. I don't get it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

All that metal siding and roof. No insulation. Bet that was one heckuva cold place in the winter unless it's in a southern clime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Dirty overalls? Haven't any of you ever completely stripped the running gear of a T after 90 to 100 years of grease and oil, at least back in the day these guys didn't need a hammer and chisel to get the old grease out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Geez, look at that light bulb and extension cord!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Now you know why they called them "trouble lights."
Look at what's holding up the chain falls.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration