Help with serial number DOD. I'm in that "grey" area.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help with serial number DOD. I'm in that "grey" area.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Engine number 12643245
The site I found and read mentions that this is a time where production was shared between two production plants and accurate records are not provided but they did mention a resource that I do not have.

I think it will be close to November 1925 and I'd hate to miss a birthday.

This is a Model T salad, so no other numbers or definite ID characteristics are available. I'm putting this engine in a 1915 frame and some metal body parts, but 26/27 axles, hubs and sheels as that is what I started out to work with and I'm creating a WWI vehicle that never really existed anyway. But nice to know a date of birth.

I'll hang up and listen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Beyond the year month and date, that is all the information that you can find. Except for the very early years no records of what the engine went into was kept. November 4, 1925, tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Tomorrow, Nov. 4, will be my father's 94th birthday. So two celebrations will be in order. How neat is that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

V E R Y ! !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

The old saying was avoid cars built on a Monday or a Friday. November 4 was a Wednesday, so it should be OK. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Happy Birthday to both!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Gotta get a photo of Dad beside the T, even though it is only a rolling chassis right now. Who would guess that the tin and board is younger than the old man.

Forget the fact that both he and I and all my siblings were born and raised in Dearborn, MI. Dad worked for Timkin Axle in the early days and then Burroughts Corp. Never worked for Fords. Nor did I, but graduated from Edsel Ford HS and Henry Ford Community College before graduating from U of M. And I worked a few summers at Henry Ford Museum at the Ford's Theater. What goes around, comes around.

GO BLu E!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration