Holly?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

I could not find any markings on my carb (26 touring) I think it's a holly but is there a model number?

Carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Holly NH. The data plate would have been on the engine side top of casting that covers the bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Thanks Again!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

And Robert,when your carburetor begins to leak uncontrollably,it will be due to a little sliver of teflon tape causing the needle valve not to close.Forewarned is forearmed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Ha! Thanks Jim. I haven't started it yet. This is how I got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

This shows the ID tag location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Robert, holly is the prickly stuff that goes on Christmas puddings. What you have is a Holley NH carburetor. From the photo, I think it is a new reproduction. The throttle, choke and mixture control pieces look way too sharp to be old time originals.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word. Andrew Jackson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

What was the other NH type clone - Simpson Super power or something like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Simmons!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

History of Holley carburetors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holley_Performance_Products#History

http://www.automotivehalloffame.org/inductee/earl-holley/159/

http://www.smethporthistory.org/bradford/davis.street/bovaird/holley/holleycarbo ratorco.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration