Chickasha... I want to talk about Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chickasha... I want to talk about Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:09 am:

As I was wandering around walmart yesterday semi comatose looking at Christmas crap three weeks before Thanksgiving, I thought to myself, Chickasha is coming... I can see people that enjoy my hobby, I can find parts and ideas that will make me happy and/or are new to me. Maybe with a little luck I can make a dollar or two. It has been said here "The best way to make a small fortune with Model T's, is to start with a big fortune." I believe it. I prefer to deal face to face with fellow enthusiasts because they took their time to come out and support the hobby. The people on tbay and elsewhere that ask ridiculous prices think they'll get rich because they have something old saddens me. These are just my thoughts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Wes, I was wondering how soon, The "Chickasha topic" would come up. :-) :-) I was going to wait till after Thanksgiving, but you beat me too it. :-). Do not forget that the days have changed this year. It is a Friday/Saturday meet this year. So we will line up on Thursday afternoon instead of Wednesday as we have done in the past. Chickasha is my "therapeutic" trip of the year. Hope to see a lot of old friends, and meet some new ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:00 am:

My name is Perry and I am a T hoic . I admit it have been thinking about Chickasha . I thank about the old friends but mostly what are they bringing . Were will i stay, what will that cost ,but never mind all that I don't need to sleep or eat for two days . There are Parts out there and I need to find them . I don't have a problem relay I don't . JUST keep saying it no problem , no problem . But I can't stop thanking of it . CHICKASHA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:08 am:

If you're going to sell, get your spaces before February 1 when the prices go up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

And to add to what Steve said, if you plan on sleeping anywhere but your vehicle, get your reservations ASAP, certainly before February 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about hotel reservations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

I reserved my space for 2017 last year before I left the fairgrounds. There's no guarantee that I'll be able to get the time off work, but at least I know I have a space reserved and paid for.

Like others, I value the conversations as much as anything else. I don't have enough spare parts left to make much profit on the trip, but there's enough left to start a few conversations. I'll also have information about the New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run to share.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Here's a link to their web site...

http://www.pwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Will I find room for a fifth wheel camper?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Thanks Wes, for sharing this information. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal your quote "The best way to make a small fortune with Model T's, is to start with a big fortune.", for my Personal Quote.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Warren that quote is not mine, I got it from this forum.

Rich, Last time I was there, there was plenty of space for fifth wheel camper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Several of us decline the honor of spending money on accommodations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

I have never been to the show but would like to. It's a long way from Rochester, NY. So, my question is ... how big an event is it? I have seen some pictures on their site and it looks like it's mostly in a large building. Are there outdoor vendors? Is this the show that everyone seems to find $1 original Champion X plugs and other T parts that are otherwise not seen at Hershey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

Mark, as with any swap meet, you may go and it be the best swap meet you have ever gone to. Or it may turn out to be a dud. I have been going over 20 years. It has always been a nice meet for me. Yes you could find a box of dollar champions, but not likely. And if there was a box of dollar champions, are you going to be the "lucky one" who got there first.?? Yes there are outside vendors and there are 2 buildings. The amount of vendors has been going down over the last few years. I live about 8 to 10 hours away (depending on the size of the load and speed I can haul it) and I would not miss it for anything. If you are one of the late to rise guys, sit at McDonalds and drink your morning coffee till it "warms up" outside, and only go for one day, and do not dig thru the boxes. It is probably too far from Rochester NY to justify the trip. But if you dig deep, move fast, stay on the grounds (camp in the building on the spaces) so as to utilize every moment of the swap meet you can. Who knows what could show up. I would go just to meet and visit with old friends. I have three inside spaces. I travel with two buddies. We each use a space. I take nothing (or very little to sell) they each take enough to cover their spaces with parts. At the end of the meet my space is covered in parts and theirs still looks the same. (they buy as much as they sell :-)) We have air mattress (with electric blankets), food in ice chests, a microwave, and there are showers in the building. The time at Chickasha is therapeutic for us and priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Thanks .. yes, I love to go through every box. Coming from NY I would be flying, so that prevents me from buying large pieces as I would when I go to Hershey which is a 4-5 hour drive for me. I'll look into flight and lodging costs and see if I can come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:58 am:

Mark: Look in to Luray Va meet. A lot closer to you. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:18 am:

I'm like Mark, "I have never been to the show but would like to", maybe I will win PowerBall and go.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Mark, don't let that stop you from coming. Since I vend at Chickasha I drive from my home in southwestern NY near Jamestown; if you need anything hauled back I'm sure I can help you out. There are others who can help, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

To those of us that will wait for someday... it may never come in this life time. Seize the opportunity when comes, nobody ever said on their death bed " I wish I'd spent more time at the office."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I hope it's ok I mention this...If you've got a brass car, please consider joining us before Chickasha for the HCCA Convention and Tour in Oklahoma City March 11-15. I would be glad to provide more information to anyone interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 07:30 am:

That sounds like fun, Chris. Just make it a whole week of good times.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration