Very Political thread

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Very Political thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

This came up on the Ford Barn!

How many of you are going to drive your T to the poles when you vote? :-) :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Too late. Done did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

Politics and T's aren't strangers. In 1960 my uncle put a sticker (couldn't be a bumper sticker - no bumpers :-)) on the TT that read, "Kennedy for President - Goldwater for King!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

My '29 Town Sedan had an "I Like Ike" button pinned to the headliner when I got it in 1999.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

My T's political statement:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Henry P, that's interesting. Kennedy ran against Nixon in 1960. Johnson ran against Goldwater in '64 . . .

Personally, I'm waiting for the Bullmoose Party to announce their candidate . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

I wasn't planning on it but now that you mention it I just might!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Rich,

If I recall correctly, that sticker was before the party conventions had occurred. Kennedy vs. Goldwater was still a possibility, although it didn't turn out that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Henry, that makes sense. I think in our corner of the world, bumper stickers didn't make the scene until after the conventions. Even with a population nearly four times greater than it was in 1960, if Idaho didn't have electoral votes, we wouldn't have to bother to vote at all !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

"Moose" isn't the word that cam to mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Well I'm not going to either pole..north or south..but I am going to drive my '20 to the polls this coming tuesday. Last time I did in this same car it blew a head gasket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Tim,

I think your '20 is pretty smart. Blowing a head gasket is a fitting reaction to all this nonsense, last time or this time. Be sure to bring tools and a spare gasket on Tuesday! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

My sticker would say:

HOLD YOUR EAR TO THE EXHAUST PIPE TO HEAR A SHORT SPEECH FROM YOUR FAVORITE CANDIDATE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Who would be crazy enough to drive a Model T to the polls in November?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Too late for me, I was driving by the court house in my modern car so I whipped in and voted yesterday. No crowd like there probably will be at the polling places on Tuesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Henry...funny you should say that. 'Cause I DO have a spare gasket on hand!! LOL..hopefully won't need it. But it'll be a great day for a drive anyway, next few one's will be for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Who would be crazy enough to drive a Model T to the polls in November?

83 degrees in Burton Texas today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

73 in Sioux Falls, SD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

TRUMP could destroy the local AZ economies. Illegal immigrants are boycotting Arizona by the thousands and moving elsewhere showing their outrage with Donald Trump's proposed law of sending illegal immigrants back to their native countries.

In the small town of Guadalupe, AZ, south of Phoenix, Manuel Renaldo is one of those who are vowing to punish Arizona by leaving.

As he loaded his stolen car with his taxpayer-furnished belongings and family of ten, Renaldo told this reporter through an interpreter: "It's a matter of principle; I refuse to be supported by a state that treats me like a criminal!"

The effects of the exodus are already being felt by some Arizona retailers. They are reporting dwindling thefts & dwindling sales of beer, tequila, spray paint, and ammunition. Also hit hard are the state hospitals which have reported a dramatic decline in births and emergency room visits of non-revenue patients!.

State welfare agencies are preparing to lay off staffs that distribute food stamps and unemployment benefits. Tattoo parlors are in an absolute state of panic!

Renaldo told a reporter, through an interpreter, that he and his family are moving to Canada, where a new Liberal government under Justin Trudeau and their new higher taxes and their hardworking people will better support him and his family with dignity!

Kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

The last time my T was driven before I bought it was to a George Wallace rally. There were several buttons and bumper stickers under the back seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Have 5 TT's and a mini-TT sitting around the County with my campaign signs on them. This will be my 8th term as a County Supervisor if I win.

Just about forgot. After football season, switched Doodlebug over to campaign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I drove my quadricycle and voted for William Jennings Bryan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay F. Cramer on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

I have been wearing my Coolidge/Dawes button for a couple of months. A store clerk commented that he was probably better than either of the current candidates, even though he's been dead since 1933.
MODEL T CONTENT; My dad was a member of the Marine guard on presidential yacht USS Mayflower during the Coolidge administration. When they were at the summer White House, a couple of the Marines would borrow a T truck (don't know whether a TT or pickup), tie the doors open to conceal the official markings, and drive into Canada for a load of liquor. On their return, the Customs guy at the border would confiscate a few bottles (his percentage), and send them on their way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:15 am:

We really need to get out to vote regardless. Our politicians deserve our support. The one's I've driven in parades are truly dedicated, honest and reliable people.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Rich, so are you. I'm writing you in for president !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Eagle for President! I think I'll write him in too! Just think with all the change he finds when taking his walks (another thread) we could lower the taxes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

I live in Harding Township, NJ, named for the former president. There was a Halloween party a week ago. My wife and I put on some of our old-car-era reproduction clothing, and attended carrying election posters. Mine said: "Return to Normalcy - Vote Harding". Hers said: "Votes for Women - Nasty and Nice".

Anyone else for returning to normalcy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Rich and Dennis, been there and done that. After having my arm twisted to serve as club chapter President a few times I found it difficult to crank a T. I was ultimately impeached for sleeping with the Secretary-Treasurer, as certain Mrs. Eagle. I found that even with a wonderful membership you can't make every one happy. However I have every confidence that no matter who is elected this Election will do the wonderful job of it we have become accustomed to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Wise words, Mr. President ! I do believe we have the government we deserve . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Holman on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Drove my 26 TT to vote. The temp. was around 75 and no one in line. last election I rode my 30 Scout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Hal,

I have not looked at this thread in a while and just saw your post. I asked my
neighbor with the Hillary poster in her yard about it and she called me a racist.

Hmmmm ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

Burger

Don't feel bad!

She was trying to tell you that you are a racy guy.

I think it means you are fast or maybe risqué, suggestive, naughty, sexy, spicy, ribald, indecent, immodest, off-color, dirty, rude, smutty, crude.

Ask her and get back to us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I drove my T to the polls every time I voted that day.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration