OT I found a penny on my walk today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT I found a penny on my walk today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

What a beautiful day it was for this time of year. I went on my daily (not every day) walk and there was a penny in the road. That sometimes happens. Sometimes it is more than a penny. I mentioned the time I found a dollar and a fellow who lives 1200 miles away told me it was his.

A friend of mine got a new (to him) Model T this week. Today I put the transmission cover on my newly rebuilt motor without dropping anything into the Obis. It was nice enough in the shop to have the door open. I recalled the times I left something out or got a gasket crooked but no problems today.

I even sent an email to Jennifer Hollandbeck wishing her well. It reminded me how nice it is to have people who make the clubs and forums so wonderful. It is a lot of work and I'm not sure how many of us tell them how much we appreciate them.

Well, that's just me enjoying the day. If I have stepped on any toes or mis-spelt anything let me know. We are all in this together and need to help each other out.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

It is indeed grand to just enjoy the day once in a while! We save all our found money... be it coins or greenbacks, and take it to the bell ringer folks space around Christmas time. It's been as low as 20 bucks and as high as fifty bucks Kama all found money. Amazing what you can find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Rich, reading your post made a perfect day better !!

I can't believe what a beautiful day it's been, with a sky so burning clear it just takes you in. I got some chores done, fixed the leaky water outlet on "Liz", played with the ponies then Hannah (the border collie) and I took Liz for a spin around the mile.

I even found the nut i dropped from one hose clamp ! (almost as much fun as finding a dollar !) ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Rich..glad to hear you're getting out in your "new" car! And with the dog too! Bet she loved the ride as much as you. Funny too how far those nuts can get once they hit the floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

My Mom used to tell me:

pennies make dimes
and dimes make dollars.

My Mom never told me how poor they were growing up in the thirties. It was my Dad's sister just a few years that told me they (my mom's family) lived in a boxcar in Valley, Nebraska.

This is my mom and her husband In Pacific Palisades in the 1970's, 30 years before I got into Model Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Richard E, I am NOT going to look for any errors. Just want to thank you for a wonderful, pleasant posting. It truly was a day-brightener.

Rich B, great to see and hear you here also! One little fix-it at a time.

Have a wonderful day, all around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Sounds like a good day in Idaho!

I am currently T-less (Rich Bingham knows why), but I had a pleasant putter in my '12 Buick on a glorious fall day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

I found a dime on the walkway at work today!
I bent over to pick it up and couldn't straighten up.
It's sucks to be Old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

There is a Dutch saying, "Wie het kleine niet eert is het grote niet weerd." (Roughly "Someone who doesn't honor the small is not worthy of the large.") In other words, pick up the penny... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

I have to tell this story about a fellow (Deceased last year) but his goal was to collect 1 MILLION pennies. Sadly when passed he had collected over 800,000 thousand pennies. Here is what happened to the pennies: He would collect them, by what ever means, pick them up cr donation by a generous person or what ever means. H was a Scottish rite fellow and they have in Sacramento a place where they take these kids with a speech problem and help them with training and help the kids. As I said it was hi goal to collect I Million. A friend of mine gave me over 40 pounds of pennies, and when I see a penny it goes in my pocket.
That is my story and I am sticking to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

I forgot to tell the important part: some of the guys would get together and count the pennies , roll them and then deposit them in an account at the bank, then write a check and send the money to the place for them to buy supplies and training aids for the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Well, Thank you all for your responses to my light hearten thread. There is some wisdom there. I may have been under the influence of Permatex fumes when I started it.

Did I mention I have been going for these walks for several years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

I did not find any money today but i never looked for any. We hauled suger beets today and my 18 year old grandson rode with me in the semi.I tought him how and when to raise the lift axels and how to shift the 18 speed. Time with young people and teaching them something=priceless!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:06 am:

Richard, I to tend to pick up coins on my daily walks with Champ and whatever I find goes to a charity. The tally for last year was $53.27 also returned three cell phones and two bank cards. Jim

money

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Found a dime on the ground at the car wash today.
I would like to refer back to Rich's original post of this Thread.

Thanks Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Hope that penny is the start of your SECOND million!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

I found a few quarters nickels and dimes under my new 1919 coupe. I was really excited until I realized it all came from my pockets while I was under the car turning the gas on

just sayin

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 08:32 am:

No pennies this week. There was a 20 foot long piece of 3/8" rebar. I let it sit there 3 days before dragging it home. I'm not sure where it will go on a Model T. Maybe I'll add on to the shop.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:00 am:

There was a store owner in my home town who thought it was funny to superglue a buffalo nickel to the sidewalk in front of his business. On slow days, he and his cronys would sit in front of the window and watch people try to pick it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:13 am:

I used to glue pennies or nickels to the floor at trade shows just in front of my booth. People would stop to try to pick it up look over at my booth and come in to strike up a conversation...made a lot of sales that way.

Rich, somewhere there is a boss giving an employee hell because he told him to buy 20 pieces of rebar for the concrete job and he only showed up with 19!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I can imagine that employee Dennis.
The spot I found it was a few feet beyond our Roundabout, traffic circle or "Death Spiral" as my son calls it. The centrifugal force of it's small radius causes lumber, concrete blocks and such to tip of their trucks and trailers. It is a thrill to drive a top heavy T around it a little fast. It's also a great source of entertainment with folks honking their horns and yelling at ones that stop to figure out how to use it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration