New Steering Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Steering Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Can someone tell me how to contact the gent that produces the new wood steering wheels? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

http://www.woodbykevinallen.com/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Thanks!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Hal,
You should also know that Stutzman's Wheel Shop also produces steering wheels in maple or oak. The wheels have the exact original style finger joint and are perfectly made. You will need to send the inside diameter to Stutzman's when you order. Cost is $100 plus $18 for shipping. The wheel comes unfinished, so it can be stained and varnished or painted black. I just ordered one and was amazed at how beautiful it is.
I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:08 am:

I went to Stutzmans also and had a wheel made the way I wanted it. What is nice about Noah is he will make anything you want, any size and configuration. I wanted a little larger hand grip and he did it without issue.
In addition to re-spoking wheels, he can do just about anything with any type wood. All you have to do is ask. A real neat place to visit as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Two years ago, while at Hershey, there was a guy in the chocolate field that had perfect ONE PIECE steering wheels just like Ford made them. I don't know what I did with his card, but this guy was right on! Only one finger joint!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration