Where does this part go?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where does this part go?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

#3375 Transmission cover screw (same as 3072) 09-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Good question,
3070 parts book is crank case and cylinder cover screw 3/4"x1"

another parts book quotes, same as 2722 and that's a
steering yoke clamp bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Yep, I see twelve holes for vertical bolts with castle nuts, and two for the horizontal ball cap bolts and castle nuts. But I don't see a place for cap screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:39 am:

Without looking it up,I think they attach the shaft to the brake drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:19 am:

The 2 holes at the rear of the transmission cover, the 3 under the starter take cap screws (1919 to 1927) as does the two that hold the ball joint cover to the rear of the engine on the bottom side. Looks like the cover takes 2 so I would think they are the 2 at the rear of the cover.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration