Taillight bracket , what year?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Taillight bracket , what year?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

Anyone know what year bracket this is?

Part no. 2476

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Roy, Looking at the Model T Encyclopedia, I did not find a Factory number matching 2476. The number cast or forged into a part, at Ford, was the factory number. Might this be from another early automobile other than Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Don't know if it's from another car maker Tom but there is a "T" below the part number

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Roy, the T in a circle is most likely the makers mark, like the DB in an oval found on Dodge Brothers parts made for Ford. As far as I know, on T parts the T comes at the head of the number.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

it is overland needs to be in my pile!!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

it is a sidelight bkt used from 1909- to 11 on overland cars with flat firewalls.if you would like to sell it let me know. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration