Veterans' Day parade in St. Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Veterans' Day parade in St. Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

The Veterans' Day parade in St. Louis is always the Saturday before Veterans' Day itself, and so was today. We had an impressive nine cars from the Model T Club in the parade, many driven by veterans. Here are some pictures.

I met Sam and Cindy Atkinson near my apartment, and we drove downtown together. Here we are on the way.

Here we are lining up and - in good military tradition - standing around and waiting for something to happen.

Karl Abe (Korea), Sam Atkinson (Vietnam) and me (Vietnam-era).

My car.

Sticker that Sam gave me. Takes a minute.... :-)

Group photo: Cameron Stelling (friend of Steven and Diana Thum's son), Karl Abe, me, Gerry Ellerbeck Jr, Gerry Ellerbeck Sr, Sam Atkinson.

During the parade. The crowd wasn't large but was very enthusiastic. This is a parade I really enjoy every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Dick...Kudos to all you guys participating in the parade, and particularly for your, and all Veterans' service! God bless you all. It's a shame the crowds are dwindling, I'm not sure they even have a Veterans Day Parade in this area anymore. Haven't heard of one. Called around last year about finding one to no avail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Dick Nice pictures:-) We went to a car show to benefit Clay county council on ageing met a 2 WWII vets and Some from Korea (of course I was a youngster so Vietnam era / Desert Storm) I love talking to WWII vets whenever I meet one. Sadly they wont be with us much longer. All of them Liked the T. I will be at work so I guess I'll watch the local parade on my CCTV :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:59 am:

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED THEIR COUNTRY.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration