Where did it go?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where did it go?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

what happened to the thread from earlier today in which we were discussing engines mentioned in the Bible. Did it go bad and get killed? Sorry if it did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

I sure hope to heck this place ain't going PC. Gonna lose a lot of good guys and darn interesting topics if it does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

I reckon that thread became far too controversial in topics that have nothing to do with Model T Fords. The "warning" now appears in capital letters in the header - THIS IS A MODEL T FORUM.

While I heartily disapprove of censorship, it's probably well to remember that if you want to keep friends, it's best not to discuss religion or politics, and if you do, keep it respectful. and keep it light.

Still, I think a friendly reminder that the topic was straying too far from Model T Fords and becoming too heated would have been preferable to a "blackout". We're adults here, and capable of maintaining civil exchanges . . . aren't we ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Apparently not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

I am happy it is gone. That kind of stuff has no place here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Amen. Play on words intended. And if you look up that guys name in his city, the closest match is someone I doubt would have posted that. Could be wrong, but sounded like set up to me. I wanted bait him into making more ridiculous statements. I truly hope I offended no one. Normally I don't get my back up about things like this. 'Nuff sed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Little by little we are losing our freedoms outlined in the Bill of Rights and we allow it out of indifference so that we don't make anyone uncomfortable. Free speech is loosing ground because of the politically correct police. You make the choice to listen to, speak or view whatever you like. It is when we are forced to only hear, see, say or read what those in power say we can that oils the slippery slope to totalitarian control. I understand some of the conditions that abbreviate those rights such as yelling fire in a crowded setting for example often used to illustrate the condition. Another example is the fact that this is a members (sort of) only organization forum and there are rules interpreted by those in power but truly you should recognize egress into your rights when you see it. While I find that I am annoyed, insulted or embarrassed about what some may say, I will fight, did fight and will continue to fight for your right to express them. We have become, by our inaction and perceived benevolence part of the problem. Stand for something or you will stand for nothing. If you see a building, walk into it and realize, let's say it's a church, but you stay, listen and participate then complain that you didn't like what was going on in there, whose choice was it that you stayed? Yet the person who complained lords over those that were there because they wanted to be yet because the many are controlled by the few intolerant, the many suffer. What have we become.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 05:53 am:

Good analogy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:18 am:

I took no offense to what was said in the deleted posting. I even agreed with it all, at least what I saw of it the last time I looked at it, (maybe it got ugly?). Still, I had the notion that this was not the place. It is a Model T forum and it is not a stage to demonstrate free speech as it is a private forum, with rules governing subject matter. When we sign on to participate, we agree to abide by those rules.

The other side of the coin is this, I usually start out by liking most people I meet, either in person, or on this forum. I don't necessarily want to know how everyone feels about everything, especially the things that I hold very dear to me. I don't seek out reasons to chip away at my opinions of others, or ways in which I can be offended, or reasons to dislike someone. In other words, I have no desire to seek out what I may perceive to be someone's "ugly side". Posts concerning things that are highly personal, (e.g. religion, politics, etc.), are perfect triggers to do just that, expose people's "ugly side". It's just not the purpose of this forum and not why I visit here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration