The beginning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The beginning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

I am watching the history channel and just learned that Henry Ford was almost stopped from producing automobiles by A.L.U.M.

I think I got it right!

Kinda reminds of the government today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Fred, A.L.A.M. Stood for the "Association of Licensed Automobile Manufacturers who were paying license fees to Mr. Selden, who had filed a patent on the automobile back in 1875, There's an OT thread on the Selden Patent posted today.

Interesting history !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

The result of the AlAM was to force manufacturers to pay a royalty for every car they produced. Henry decided to fight the ALAM and after years of court time, it was determined that the patent from Selden was for a 2 cycle vehicle that was never constructed or proven. The court determined 4 cycle cars were not an infringement of the bogus patent. Selden then tried to produce a car which there area couple of survivors. Selden died nearly penniless. So Henry won and as they say the rest is history.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

It sure is interesting to, earn how hard it was for Henry to get started,

Today I had a conversation with a guy that built a multimillion dollar company.
At one time he had about 150 employees and he said that he finally gave up due to government regulations and the crap from local authorities

Today he receives rents from properties that are worth over 4 million dollars and employs just 3 people.
This means that there are 147 people out of a job.

In this case I know most of the managers in the company and inspite of support from the owner, most of them have little to look forward to.

It shows what big government regulations can do the the little guy.

(Message edited by Nhusa on November 05, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration