Forth main bearing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Forth main bearing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold Chambers on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

how do you know when the fourth main bearing needs to be replaced? thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

By the tolerance between the tail shaft and fourth main bearing. Ford said .006-.008 but that seems excessive. I prefer .002-.003 anything above that I believe would leak a bunch of oil that will end up in your differential. But what do I know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration