Martin-Perry wood cab info needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Martin-Perry wood cab info needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

A 26 TT followed me home tonight. Drivetrain 99% complete minus carb. Warford over and under drive trans. Exhaust cutout. Cab is obout 80% complete but in pieces. Is there info , diagrams , or detailed pics of these cabs and how they are put together and main runners that mount to frame? The front panel with windshield is in tact and one door. To late tonight for pics but I will post them. Also there is no ignition switch or lid for coil box. Any help would be great.
Thank you
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 12:29 am:

Dallas,

I removed the correct 26 Kingston carb from my 26 TT. If interested, drop me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 08:09 am:

You might find some helpful info here:

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/m/martin_parry/martin_parry.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Burger
Would that be Kingston L4 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:38 am:

My TT must have been in a race at one time. On one of the seat supports boards is hand painted poor looser. If anyone has one of these cabs I would love some pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Dallas, probably not enough remains to identify which MP body style it was if those are your only parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I have the other side of cab and top and parts of top. Missing other door. Door was hinged but I don't know to what. No screw holes in front panel or rear side panel. I think it had metal panel in rear of cab like the sides and doors. I will try to clamp some more pieces together for a better look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Dallas, check out www.martin-parry.com All the help you will ever need. M-P was the largest aftermarket body builder at the time, and about 1930 were bought out by General Motors and renamed Chevrolet Body Division. Martin-parry bodies were sold alacarte, thousands of combinations possible. I have your cab too, and can help with photos and catalog pictures. Tmorsher@icloud.com to reach me direct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

Thanks Tim
I'll check it out. Was looking this morning on interweb and wasn't having much luck. Pics would be great

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration