Bargain?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bargain?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:13 am:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/atq/5863350309.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:26 am:

This is in "Show-Room" condition.
Really?? why isn't the brass polished? Strange location for the horn bulb I wouldn't think it would last too long if you operated it with your foot!Does seem like a good price though. Let's see where is my can of black paint......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:31 am:

It has a set of reproduction 1909 E&J headlights that would sell for more than you would have to pay for correct ones. Looks like a decent car for the money. Fixing the broken bulb horn mount would take me about 5 minutes and a bit of solder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Must have forgot another ZERO !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

It's not the right location in that instance, but some cars did use floor mounted / foot operated horn bulbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Condition is in the eyes of the seller.

I see ads all the time that claim originality while sporting water pumps, moto-meters and distributors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

It's SEVENTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS !!! You cannot buy a POS new econocar for
much less than that these days ! Some times I think this crew needs a cheapskate reality
check on what money can really buy and realize how good T people have it.

Yes, I would paint it (I hate red cars) and get some black on those ghastly bare wood
wheels ! .... but honestly, for what looks like a pretty decent and solid base from which
to start, 17K, actual or financed, still seems like a cheap price for the amount of jollies
it will provide.

Go price out RV's, snowmobiles, motorcycles, trailers, golf equipment, or other hobby/
pleasure pursuit "toys" and see how this thing ranks. At least you can get some of your
money back out of it should you change hobby direction. Try that with beer or green fees .... :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration