What size is your seat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What size is your seat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Would anyone have the size of the seat springs on a 1927 Ford Roadster? How is a 1927 Ford Roadster back seat attached to the tack rail? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Bigger than I would like...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

There is a wooden frame with I believe 3 verticals that bolt to the top tack rail metal and a horizontal at the bottom. Been a lot of years since I did mine!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

The backrest spring is held by upholstery straps hanging the backrest spring from the upper tack rail. You adjust the straps and tack them in place after you fit the lower seat cushion. That way the seat cushion will fit under the backrest spring once you place the back upholstery and hip pad assembly.

Here is the seat cushion dimension. The coils are 3 1/2" tall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

The '26-'27 runabout has 3 upright stringers for the back rest.

In my install added a 4th upright for more back support :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

When you hang the back spring get it as low as you can. Otherwise it will be square looking at the top, and you don't want that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Reminds me of an old Monty Python gag ....

A group of men are adrift in a lifeboat, near perishing for lack of water.

One calls out to another "How long has it been ?"

The other responds "That's a bit of a personal question, don't you think ?"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration