Guidance in tracing ownership history, specifically for those who live in Canada

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Guidance in tracing ownership history, specifically for those who live in Canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

I have reached a dead end with tracing the ownership history of my car, partly due to the privacy law passed during the 1990s and partly due to the fact that the Washington DOV doesn't keep records beyond seven years - or at least that is what I was told.

Before I bought my 1927 Canadian Tudor in 2006, it had changed hands five times between 1992 and 2006 here in Washington State. The earliest owner that I was able to trace was a Mike Yeakel out of Bellingham who purchased the car from a Canadian at the Portland Swap Meet in 1992. Mike couldn't remember who in Canada that he bought it from, so for now, that is where the buck stops. Just due to the proximity of Washington, I would venture to guess that the former owner lived in B.C.

I was hoping, that by posting on the forum, that those who live in Canada might be able to assist me in how Canadians go about finding the previous ownership records. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. For those interested, the serial number on the engine is C735763 and was produced sometime in March of 1927. Thanks.

- Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration