Pumpkin pie and the Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pumpkin pie and the Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Just a couple of weeks until Thanksgiving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

I thought the pumpkin was part of the Rear end. &!0)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 01:48 am:

Anyone have an idea what the accessory suspension may be, my 1920 touring has this. Spring perches are turned around 180 degrees. Did not mean to hijack thread, but this is the first picture/car other than mine I have seen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 01:56 am:

George, my Duncan and Fraser roadster has the same set-up, but mine are English Richards Wilcox brand. It would be interesting to know who pinched whose design! Looks like the Chinese have learned a thing or two.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 03:31 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/446146.html?1400552610

A previous post, with quite a bit of information on the H & D shock absorbers. There have been several other threads about them. As I recall, patent rights were sold all over the world, and I am sure more than a few manufacturers didn't bother paying proper royalties. I know that they were quite common in Australia (made there), Great Briton, and parts of Europe. I think at least a dozen different companies manufactured similar design in the USA also.
Many years ago, I had most of a nice set of H & D brand. Sometimes, I am sorry I sold them.
Unless I see a name on them, I usually refer to them as "H & D type shock absorbers. That seems to be an appropriate name for them, although, apparently, they were at one time also known as W & C shock absorbers.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 06:55 am:

Thanks for the information, my car rides very well with these but I wonder if a shock spring breaks where do I get a replacement? There are 8 spiral springs used with system. The rear axle needs to be removed for an overhaul, might be the right time to remove the shocks.
George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Why borrow trouble ? If you like them and they are solid, no obvious wear points gone south, why not keep 'em ? There are outfits that can make springs, and if you search may find that suitable springs are used in other applications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:24 am:

What a great pic and I can't wait for T day and a model T ride with my grandson...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration