Tire size 30x5.00

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Tire size 30x5.00
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marlin Schmidt on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Can anyone tell me where I can find 30x5.00 tires a ton truck c-cab?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

Also called 500x20 I believe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Coker makes them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marlin Schmidt on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 12:31 am:

And, Marlin, love the way your profile truck looks. while that is emphatically your truck to do with as you please, I love that look it has,just the way it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

30 inches is the outside diameter of the inflated tire.

5 inches is the width of the space between the rim and tire edge on each side.

The system changed about 1926 and tires were sold with the inside wheel size as a reference.

That makes a 20 X 5 the same size newer tire.

Seems like the truck tire rim size changed from 23 to 21 inches though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

This got my curiosity up of when the change was made, as the first 1917 or 1918 TT trucks only had hard rubber tires.

The Ford Trucks book notes that Firestone started selling accessory 32 inch by 4 1/2 inch pneumatic rear tires and rims in 1920. 30 inch by 3 1/2 inch pneumatic tires were also available for the front.

Then GoodYear started selling those tire sizes in 1921.

The book also notes that 30 inch by 5 inch rear tires which were mounted on 20 inch wheel rims were newly available in March 1924.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration