2pc Floating Trans Shafts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2pc Floating Trans Shafts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 05:50 am:

I have finally got my 2PC Floating Trans Shafts ready. These are made under license from Les Schubert. "Star" is made from his drawings and the shaft is made from Ford drawings. Watch for my ad in the classified page. Only for sale in the US. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 06:27 am:

Beautiful work. Can you explain their function?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Shaft "floats", allowing for a small amount of misalignment on the rear main. Helps to save your crankshaft. Search the older forums for discussion of these. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 09:55 am:

It's basically a universal joint, with very limited angular range but requiring no extra space. In my opinion it's a really great idea, and since I, just like Steve Jelf, am currently in the process of assembling my transmission, I would like very much to know when they will be available and how much they will cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:27 am:

What Dan says is all true. There are at least a dozen of these that have been in service for over 5 years.
They are no substitute for a straight oil pan but I developed this in response to Paul Vitko's research on the amount of pan deflection under ordinary conditions
Nice work Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Lester; See ad page. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 11:36 am:

That has got to be one of the best aftermarket items ever made for the model T.
Les showed me one of those when he was in Ca, a few years ago.
The fit of the two parts appeared perfect.
It is one more thing to insure long life and more trouble free touring for the T.
Would seem very necessary when using an aluminum Warford hanging on the back of the trans with no mounts to help support it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Here is link to my ad.http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/691475.html?1478549413

For more info, PM me. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 11:57 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:31 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

I've got one in my touring, another to put in another engine. Glad they're being made again. I'm very happy with mine. How well does it work? I've got a 4 dip pan on a 23 engine, drive it hard and often,, and haven't broken a crank yet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:20 am:

btt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration