Old Photo - Unloading A Rail Car Of Early Ford Era Cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Unloading A Rail Car Of Early Ford Era Cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Can't quite make out what make these are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Maxwells?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:35 am:

These appear to be Model N and S Runabouts with a Model S Roadster on the right hand side. The presence of the Model S Roadster suggests that this image was made in 1908.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:41 am:

They look like Maxwells.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/562983.html?1439559006

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

Picture is not really clear or sharp. But I think they are Maxwalls. 1910 through '12 two cylinder models A AA and AB all look very similar. A Maxwell expert could probably tell the difference. I know several people that have some of that series. Every time I try to guess one from another I hear things like "No, no, so and so's is a model AA, mine is an AB!"
Those don't look quite like NRS radiators to me. Sorry Trent!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

The hood, cowl and springs certainly are like the 2-cylinder Maxwells (and not at all like the NRS Fords); however, the radiator filler neck is too tall on 3 of the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

A little OT Richard, Is that your Maxwell? I have an 11 that I'm working on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 08:57 am:

No John. Mine is a 1915.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 10:55 am:

John, where did you find that picture? I ask because that was taken just down the road from where I live and was mentioned by locals when I was looking for parts for my 1917 Maxwell. The car still exists in much the same condition but I've yet to see it. Here is another photo I found online taken in 1941 of the same car.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 11:37 am:

OT but related to the first picture:

http://www.nhrhta.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 11:40 am:

They are Maxwells. Notice the full elliptic front springs and lack of a Ford NRS water pump.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration