Good things are happening! 8-Day Challenge to Support the MTFCA's Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Good things are happening! 8-Day Challenge to Support the MTFCA's Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 11:16 am:

The "Year in Review" looks grainy here because of reducing the file size. I would be glad to send you a PDF file of these materials. Just drop me an email at: susan@mtfca.com

Thank you for considering making a donation between Nov. 7-14 to be counted in the Challenge Match!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

My contribution went out this morning, thank you to Susan and all of the MTFCA and museum officers and staff! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Just to clarify the requirements for the Challenge Match, all the information says that contributions must be received from November 7th to November 14th. The exception to this is that contributions MAILED in must only be POSTMARKED during those dates, even if they are received a few days later. These date requirements are from the the Wayne County Foundation, not the MTFCA.

Susan deserves a big thank you for the excellent job she did in writing the grant application since not everyone who requested a grant received one.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

T H A N K

Y O U

S U S A N !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

You all are kind! Remember, a lot of you helped bring the grant application to life by providing "quotes" of why you are dedicated to the Model T hobby.

A successful campaign will be through the efforts and generosity of all! We will keep you posted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

mailing mine out tomorrow! thank you susan and the other chapters that do so much work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 07:51 am:

Do we send checks directly to the MTFCA PO Box?? Or to the Wayne County Foundation "for benefit of MTFCA"?

In the past I thought there was a different PO Box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Please send them to the MTFCA. You can also ask that it be dedicated to either the museum or the club. They need to be postmarked by Nov. 14 to be matched. Thank you all for helping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 11:25 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:06 am:

Such a great opportunity for more good things to happen for MTFCA and our museum! Be sure your donation is post marked by Nov. 14th! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:34 am:

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 08:27 am:

checks in the mail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 10:40 am:

My check was mailed.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Mailed yesterday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Just learned yesterday we are over half way to reaching our $10000 goal. Remember the deadline is postmarked by Nov. 14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Did mine by credit card yesterday. On the home page click on the donate tab and it is done. No stamp needed. I watch the forum much more than I watch TV, so this is a good place to donate to rather than a cable bill. Thanks for all of the good work done here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

only 3 more days!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Check is in the mail, needs to be postmarked no later than Monday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Time is running out.........
Do as Dan Jensen suggested above or get those checks in the mail now! WooHoo!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Suggestion: Please don’t wait until the last minute – it may take you a few tries.

Did you ever go out to start the T and it didn't start right up? It worked fine all last week…. No, problem, you go to the second car but it doesn’t want to start either. What’s with that? Has that grandchild been playing under the hood again? Time to call for help.

Well that is what I did today but with the computer and trying to give on line rather than trying to start the car.

First I used the new computer – I’m still learning how it works but it is faster, and supposedly better than the old one. I was using Google Chrome and I logged onto the MTFCA web site as shown below:

I then clicked on yellow “Donate” button under the Model T Ford Club of America log. That brought up the screen below:

I then clicked on the “Donate with a Card” button and the “$0.00” jiggled back and forth. I did that a couple of times and decided I was probably doing something wrong. Actually, I was doing something wrong, but I didn’t find that out until after I started typing this posting. “IF” I had clicked on the 0.00 and changed one of the digits then the “Donate with a Card” button, it probably would have worked.
Not to be discouraged, I cranked up the old computer (that is an opportunity to get a diet coke and some chocolate (we all are a little schizophrenic in one or more areas). It finally came up (it really is an old computer) and I tried the yellow donate button again but this time using Mozilla Firefox. It brought up a screen where I could log into PayPal or I could fill in my credit card information.

Sort of like swapping out the coils in the running T with the coils in the T that refuses to start. I went back to the new computer and launched the internet explorer. Again, I clicked on the yellow donate button and it also brought up the same screen the old computer had brought up and that is shown below.

I filled in my information and I was feeling really good that I was finally getting this new computer to do what I wanted it to do. But when I hit the submit button it displayed the message below:

Now some folks might give up about now. But I had learned a lesson from my Grandfather. Even when he had cranked and cranked and was worn out but the Model T wouldn’t start, he would then walk to work. Why? Because he needed to provide for his family. So you don’t just give up when one way doesn’t work. [My Dad was a teenager back then. He would wait a little bit for the gas to evaporate out of the flooded T and then hand crank it. It would usually start right up and he would drive it over to my Grandfather’s blacksmith shop. But that is another story.] In today’s story, I looked back at the posting to get the phone number and I gave them a call. Justin our senior docent at our Museum answered the phone and was a great help at taking my donation information. By the way – you can also call the office number 765-855-5248 or the museum number 765-488-0026.

One last thing, if you mail your letter the last day which is Mon Nov 14, you might want to ask the postal clerk to stamp the cancellation on the letter. Sometimes the automated machines don’t make the post mark dark enough for the date to be read.

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered, donated, visited, recommended, or in some way supported our museum.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

(Message edited by hap_tucker on November 12, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Hap, you are a great ambassador! Thanks so much for giving that explanation and assuring everyone that all is working well. One thing that I have seen is that doing these transactions using Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer can be problematic at times, so that's another thing to try if you have problems.

We are so excited to say that the response to the Challenge Match program has been TREMENDOUS! Thank you to all chapters and individuals who have already donated, called or emailed to say a donation is on the way. Every gift is greatly appreciated and will be used to further the work here at your Museum.

Hap is right, last day to donate and have it count toward the Challenge Match is Monday, November 14. You can still mail a check that day, as long as the postmark is Nov. 14, it counts. You can also donate online or call the office to donate with credit card. I will be answering the phone all day! 765-855-5248

Thank you everyone! We will post the final results when all is in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Paypal worked fine for me on Internet Explorer today.

Many thanks to Susan for working to set up the grant and also to our member who is matching the match.

What an outstanding way to triple the value of our donations!

Best regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Make sure to get your donation postmarked today for it to qualify for the triple match. Thank you to all that have helped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:44 am:

The Dairyland Tin Lizzies chapter located in Southeast Wisconsin met yesterday afternoon and approved a $100.00 donation. We only have a few hundred $ in our account but want to do what we could. The check will be in todays mail. Every little bit helps.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

Susan, it was a pleasure to speak with you this morning.
Thank you,
Steven C Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

Tick Tock Tick Tock ---- time is running out for you to give to the matching grant! Post mark by midnight tonight!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Susan says the response to the Challenge Match has been Tremendous! Should we say "T"-mendous instead? Ha! I made up a new word!! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration