Great Tour days just keep on coming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Great Tour days just keep on coming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

We had yet another stellar November day here in N. Ohio for touring. After buzzing around all afternoon yesterday with a "barky" muffler that I fixed that evening, my wife and I decided it was a good idea to go back out again today. So last night I gathered up two more couples with their T's from our local club, Firelands Timeless T's and off we went. Great country ride to a nice little mom and pop restaurant 30 miles or so south. Then after a great lunch we continued on for another good two hours of touring culminating at a local watering hole not far from all our homes. It just doesn't get much better than today. And we still have tomorrow's good weather! Taking the T to vote (I'm voting, not the T!! ha ha) and hit the road again!

A little bit of sun glare, but an idea of the fall color

Russ Herner & his wife in their '14 just leaving Blue Bridge

Exiting Blue Bridge with Mike Parker & His wife in their '24 Tudor a bit ahead in the shade.

Finally, an enjoyable stop at our local watering hole to engage in a lot of memorable conversation. Couldn't stay long, sunset was upon us soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Nice pictures, Tim It looks like it was a real nice ride!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 12:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 01:04 am:

Magic! Makes the skinned knuckles worth it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:25 am:

Great pictures and cars Tim. We had the 13 and 36 out yesterday. Mid 60's are forecast for today. Ellen is working the voter polls until 9 pm so I'm solo today in the 24, can't waste this weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 08:05 am:

Thanks guys! Wow did I sleep good last night. Right through the Apnea incidents too! Ha ha. Just a perfect afternoon. Keith, we gotta get together re pic sizing!

Dan, enjoy your day today too, we're gonna be about same temp, low 60s. I'll be solo too, wife's gonna be at her moms all day. So more miles 'n smiles! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Took the grandson for a ride. The weather here in Arkansas is still great driving weather .. He is legally blind. But he sees enough to see shapes, colors. and has some periphial vision. He loves the model T. Because with the top down, and driving slow on the back dirt roads, he can have a good sense of driving. He gets to see the color of the leaves, flowers, and smell the flowers. He can hear (and see) the dogs barking while chasing the car. We even have deer come out of the woods to see what this model T thing is. We have had them just stand in the ditch as we drive by. So the grandson got to see it up close. In the late fall after the leaves are all off the trees, with the top down, he can see the shape of the squirrels jumping in the trees. priceless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Good of you Donnie! God bless your grandson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Kicking myself, should have taken the runabout to vote today. A beauty of a day here low 60's sunny. However polls across the street. Could have gone for a short ride then do my civic duty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

I'm temporarily T-less, but I went to the polls in my 1912 Buick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Gil, at least you got to the polls in your '12. I started out to our polling place in the '20 Runabout but only got a mile and a half down the road and it started to sprinkle, so I turned around and got the boring ol' modern pickup! Oh well. Maybe next spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 05:33 am:

Tim, drove the 24 to the polls a few times to keep Ellen supplied with cold water and food. She was real busy,she thinks a record turn out for this area which didn't follow how the state ended up. I was still able to put 84 miles on the 24. Sorry you got rained out, dry all day here until later in the evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:29 am:

Good on ya!! It makes me think of when Olds was still making the V-8 engine in Lansing Mi.I think there were 3 people on the engine assembly who were blind and did their job better than most.Not to forget they had some good friends who helped them in to their jobs and back out of the plant! Could you find a large empty field and teach him to drive? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 08:16 am:

Kenneth, My daughter and son in law bought him a Honda 4 wheeler. It has full roll cage. We let him drive it as long as he has one of us as passenger. Around the yard and areas where it is close, he has to stay in low. When we get out into the fields he can go to 2nd gear. I also have a go cart for the grandkids to use when they are at our house. I drove a stake in the center of the field and hooked it to a teather line for him to go "round the track". We also have a "wireless kill switch" attached to the 4 wheeler and the go cart. It works great for all the grandkids. If they get going a little too fast, "Poppy" just hits the kill button and their ride comes to a end. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:41 am:

It's been soooo nice here that I've been taking my 14 to the theatre for rehearsals. It's not often we here in Michigan can take our cars out in November!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Veterans Day 2016, drove my '26 down to Milford, New Hampshire, picked up my brother Paul and we had the privilege of participating in their Veterans Day Parade. We both had a great time and as usual had lots of comments, stories and questions about Seabiscuit. The one I enjoyed the most came from a man older then us who told about "my father had one just like it, only not as good looking and when I was a child when I would get in it I would sometimes step on the starter button, you know it was right down there on the floor, then dad would always yell at me".

Happy motoring,

Warren

My brother Paul checking out my 1926 Model T Ford coupe

some goof ball getting in the way!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

lucked out, a nice sunny day in the low sixties. Some garage clean up then out for a short ride to the willows and back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

Great thread !

Keeping posting images.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

We have been taking advantage of the weather before the first snow. We had the 24 out yesterday. The weather was a little cooler today, so we took the Coupe out.
Saturday-20. Sunday-Coupe, Monday-24, Tuesday-Coupe. I should be out working getting stuff done before the first snow but.....

This was on Saturday. The boy and I chasing each other through the back yard. His brother picked riding with me instead of him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Great pics Dan, and looks like great fun with the grand-kid. Those "coastal" pics look like they could be on the ocean. You're blessed with some of the prettiest back-road scenery touring in the country. If I lived there, I'd never be home to do any chores. Bad enough now even here in boring ol' Ohio! I've been out every day, sometimes alone, sometimes with the wife. And yep, nothin's getting done at home. Too bad. It'll wait! Alas, this friday when it's in the 70's & very windy, I HAVE to get the rest of the cars put to bed for winter, as come Sat. it's supposed to be only in the 30s with 40+ MPH winds. No weather to be messing around with anything, let alone the cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Tim, I finally stayed home today. I have to finish another bay for car storage before the winter weather moves in. Sounds like we will have snow our way Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I have to get it finished before that happens.

Sounds like we both would rather be out driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Dan, got that right! After some blood work this morning and then shopping, in the "boring ol' modern pickup"..ugh...I decided to finally put the rest of the babies to bed for winter. Well, not the '20, she stays in the house garage fully insured for that rare December drive. So the barn's all packed nice and tight, Clarabelle's resting comfortably in her heated "mobile home" (the trailer) in the barn, the neighbors T is in there too, the A is racked 'n stacked, all is well. Sigh. But we might just get out Thurs/Fri. in the '20 'cause it's gonna be warm!! Wahooo!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration