Touring top bows interchange

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Touring top bows interchange
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

Will touring top bows interchange between 17-22 and 23-25 if the whole set and the matching windshield is used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Yes.I sold a guy a set and I asked if he had a straight windshield or the slanted one.(1924) When he told me his was straight,I knew he didn't need a one man bow set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

The 17-22 bows must have the bow mount iron on the front seat armrest area, The 23-25 bows do not use these irons as they are the one man bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Why does a 23-25 touring have a two man top, when they were discontinued in late 22? The slant windshield starts in late 22 which is really early production model for 23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

When you put the one man 1923-1925 top on the earlier car you only need to swap the windshields (along with the top).

But when you use the two man 1915-1922 top on a 1923-25 car in addition to swapping the windshield, you will also need to add the top irons to both sides of the front seat for the front of the top to be attached to.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

This man told me his car came that way.I doubt it,but didn't wish to upset him.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration