Indiahoma, Okla with a ''T''.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Indiahoma, Okla with a ''T''.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Check out this brace....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

I'm checkin' out the PUMP!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

I'm checking out the woman with half a face !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

serious glare on 1/2 of her face!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

Aww come on guys, She's not half bad!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

I used to be stationed 38 miles from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

I have a fender brace just like that in my parts stash. Its in there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

i have two of those fry pumps 5& 10 gal. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:35 am:

I've got a ten gallon Fry. Glad I bought it when I did (decades ago). I couldn't afford one now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:48 am:

That fender brace is 'overkill'. Its like comparing a sports bra to a filly regular one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Terry, I did not know you wore a bra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:11 am:

only since his wife found a lacy one under the seat in his car!!!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:06 am:

Those braces so ruin the looks of a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 07:54 am:

yes but you can carry feed sacks on the fenders and the hood,ha.ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 07:59 am:

I was thinkin an 8 point buck would look nice on that fender!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:15 am:

You know, looking at that gizmo the X is only necessary because the cross bar is raised in the center and fender loads would straighten it. Can't figure why they'd go up like that as opposed to straight across Rt. to Left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

The brace is raised in the center to clear the headlights ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

You don't suppose that this happens to be an old picture of my T, do you?Lizzie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Wouldn't that be cool to have a photo of our T from the 20's !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Was the fender brace a blacksmith's invention, or an accessory that was marketed ?? Sure looks like your T, Cameron - any ties to Indiahoma ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

I like the car the gas pump and the coca cola sign. What cool times!! Those folks were tough back then for sure. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Cameron I don't have the original photo, I emailed you some little info and a blown-up portion of the pic. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Rich, they were factory made accessories - apparently they could also be bought in nickel finish:

hhhhh
iiiiii
jjjjj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Roger, thanks much for posting that !! I really appreciate being able to see these old ads and catalogues ! Very interesting. Apparently they had national distribution, from Seattle and San Francisco to the eastern seaboard, but the picture that started this thread is the first one I ever saw.

To a degree, I was sort of hoping it was a blacksmith "one-off", that would have almost made a positive I.D. of Cameron's car being the one in the picture !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

I bet that's what these holes in the front crossmember were for. I couldn't figure it out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration