Coolant System 1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coolant System 1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Donahue on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

I've stripped the water pump and the radiator off my car. My question is about the water jacket in the block. Is the hole for the water inlet flush with the low spot inside the block? Or is there still fluid in my engine below that spot? If so how do I remove it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Yes, flush, that's it, just the head and the top few inches of the block hold water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

These drawings imply that the water inlet is the lowest point:

https://www.google.com/search?q=water+jackets+picture+mtfca&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS447U S447&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=561&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjyy7LHoJ rQAhXI4CYKHd1FB6wQsAQIGg#tbm=isch&q=engine+cooling+picture+mtfca&imgrc=_

Here are some earlier threads on flushing out the water jackets:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dra in%20water%20jackets%20mtfca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Donahue on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

Thanks Frank, that is good news. It's starting to get cold here in Pennsylvania, and as I have a number of items I want to address on this car over the winter, I didn't want to risk a cracked block do to ice expansion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Donahue on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Thanks Mark, the picture labeled Cut No.5 shows what I'd hoped was the case. Also thanks for the link on how to flush out the head. As I said in Coolant System 2 thread I'd like to ditch the water pump if I can. I'm sure Dauntless Geezer will have some suggestions for alternate uses for it! ;>)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration