Moving Tudor seat?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Moving Tudor seat?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Has anyone out there in T land have any luck in moving the seats and tank back a couple of inches. I'm long legged and find it uncomfortable with my knees at my chin. I'm kinda spoiled driving the Openrunabout all the time. My wife wants to travel in the Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

You may find you have to open up the hole where sediment bowl goes,but it is doable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I moved the seats back in my 27 Tudor. The driver seat has two sets of holes for the front hinged legs. If yours have not been moved then you can gain a couple of inches really easy. With my 6'4 size I still needed more room. I used a piece of 1/4" plate and moved the front anchor bolt for the floor piece of the hinge back one hole in the floor an additional 2 inches. Then drilled a new hole through the plate for the rear bolt. The passenger side has no factory adjustment so I used the same strap method to move it back 2 inches. Now when I use my hand signal its almost easier to put it out the rear window!

Holes

plate
The plate to move back even more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Thanks guys. The drivers seat dosent fold forward. It's a 24.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration