Front inner wheel bearing question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Front inner wheel bearing question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

I'm trying to put a wood wheel back on my T which now has wire wheels. I have found two seemingly good original inner bearings(in wheels which have probably not seen the road for 70 years) which look good until I soak them in gas, then they just fall apart. Part numbers on the originals are Timken T 205B on one, ET 205B on the other. Is that the way it is supposed to be with only the grease holding the rollers in place, unlike the modern Timken 14120 which stay assembled as a unit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

I suspect the rollers are worn, now smaller the fall free from the cage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration