Old Photo - Model TT Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model TT Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:49 am:

Thanks Jay! Car chassis to truck conversion. But not one of the more common chain drive ones. Does anyone recognize which truck conversion company? From Stan Howe's posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/385324.html?1378701176 I think it might be a Jewett. But the rear spring hanger support is more substantial in Stan's photo that is shown below (Thank you Stan) than the one on the truck above.

I would think a 1917 model year chassis was converted.

It has the above the axle wishbone so mid-1919 or earlier (assuming the spring perches & wishbone were original to the chassis).

It also has the horn button on top of the steering column so later 1915-1917ish.

Black radiator so 1917 or later.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:24 am:

Another great era photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:37 am:

1913 converted to a truck! Note chain drive. Truck was found in a small barn in Fleming Co. Also in the barn was a real nice 26 or 27 sedan, the only black sedan that I ever saw in these parts. All the original closed 26/27 that I found was green.

truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

I see they lost cowl lamp fonts 'back in the day' also. Love your pics Jay. Many thanks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:31 am:

Thanks for a great picture again, Jay. Opens a wound, though. An old farmer told me he still technically owned all the junk on a farm he sold on contract. There was a kit like this in the bank barn. I could have it if it was there. And any other old stuff I wanted.
Till I could get there, all the old stuff was scrapped. Except for a rolled Chevy Luv truck that his grandson wiped out fleeing the law. That, they thought,was valuable. I wept, not for the loss of the truck kit, but for the future of our nation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:34 am:

And, that one was a chain drive, according to the old boy. I can't recall ever seeing a shaft drive one in'person'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Am I seeing correct? A speedometer on a TT? :-)
Huge ($h!t m@gn&t) tool box on the rear of the 'board. Nice!
Rear fender beat up like that? Yet the fronts...
Cool pic Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

That second picture looks very similar to my long wheel base TT chassis. Not chain drive, just lengthened. Mine lengthens the TT wheel base 18" and the fame is 56" longer overall. Does anybody the manufacturer?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration