It's a great day to own a Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: It's a great day to own a Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 10:30 am:

I just got two NOS T spark plugs in one of my favorite brands for $10 each including shipping. That's a good thing!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131873089606

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Sometimes the planets align and things just go your way. Other times... not so much. Congrats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 10:57 am:

AC plugs. baby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Too bad Royce didn't mention the brand he uses! I've been using Old Stock AC 26's for years, and like them as well as the Champion X. I believe AC discontinued the 26's in the early 70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Speaking of plugs, how many folks grabbed a couple of the great reprints of the Champion plug charts that were being given away at Hershey? I don't remember the vendor's name, but their large white tent was at the end of the aisle that the MTFCA tent was at. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Mark, We got a couple of those Champion Spark Plug charts & I found out something interesting on them. I've been interested in Champion 31 plugs for awhile. The have the same pipe thread & look the same as Champion X's, but say "31" on them instead of "X". On that chart, the 31's are used on many engines, like Avery, John Deere, Waterloo Boy, Reo, and many other tractors. A spark plug dealer at Hershey told me that the 31's are probably a slightly higher heat range plug. I'm collecting 31's now and when I get a set, will try them out in a T.

BTW, that chart includes Champion 3X plugs used on Model A's, so I would guess that the chart was originally printed in about 1928 to 1931. Just a guess.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

You're right Keith, the chart is marked May, 1930.

Good seeing you and some of the other members at the MTFCA tent at Hershey this year!

I scanned both sides of the chart and posted the scans in a separate thread. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Someday I hope to find the Champions that are marked Ford. I have two, Just waiting to run across two more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Larry,

"Too bad Royce didn't mention the brand he uses!"

If you had taken the time to look at the link you'd see they're AC's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:37 am:

Will: PM me about plugs. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Mark, It was good to see you at Hershey and many others I hadn't met before.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Wow good find. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration