Fan belt choices

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fan belt choices
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

I am thinking about buying a new fan belt but don't know which type I want. The choices seem to be leather, rubberized fabric, or endless. What should I buy, not worrying about being 'CORRECT" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Get you an endless fan belt. It will last a very long time. I have them on my T's. Snyders and Langs sell them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

GATES!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

The type I bought is a 23 BELT (1909-1916): Gates Vulco 811, but the last time I tried to find one it wasn't available from the local parts store. Unless you live near a Model T parts dealer, you'll need to have one shipped.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration