Don't forget tomorrow is Veteran's Day November 11, 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Don't forget tomorrow is Veteran's Day November 11, 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

Been working on getting my '26 Ford coupe ready for the Veteran's Parade tomorrow in Milford, New Hampshire. I'll be picking up my brother Paul who lives in Milford, so we can honor the men & women who have served this great country of ours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d06__H9z2Tk&feature=youtu.be

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Some of us are so old we think of it as Armistice Day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Yup Steve, I'm one of them. WW 1 ended (officially) on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

I was invited by my grandson's fourth grade class to come to school today. They were honoring veterans, so two of us showed up - the father of one student who was a Marine and a Vietnam-era Air Force veteran (me). Good give and take with the kids, answering questions.

This may be the right time to re-post this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Very good Dick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Don't forget, today is the 241st birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Semper Fi, Devil Dogs ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Two great days back to back. We appreciate our veterans and know that 241st Birthday is a time honor tradition. We owe all of are armed forces our way of life. Thanks to All!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

Semper Fi Burger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:32 am:

The best I can say here is "ditto Tim Lloid"...Happy Veterans Day, and Happy Birthday USMC.

The "other Tim"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

The fighting ended on Nov. 11, 1918, but the war did not end until the treaty was signed several years later. There are no veterans living from WWI, but there many from WWII and even more from the Korean Conflict. I served from 1950 to 1953. I was the Company Clerk in a heavy weapons company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

A sincere Thank You to all Veterans within the Model T fraternity and out for your service to our country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Thanks to all my fellow Vets. Now lets all go out and drive those T's with our proud flags a waving!

ABEC USN Retired

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

A big "Thank YOU!" to all of our Veterans!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Darel, a footnote to the "fighting ended on November 11th." Michigan's "polar Bear Division" was stationed in Russia and continued to "fight" after the 11th, (much against their will as the war was supposed to be over...) being involved in many skirmishes against the red Russians. There were fatalities, and only the outrage of Michigan folks back home finally forced congress to abandon their support of the "white Russians" and bring the boys back home in the spring of 1919. Interesting story. (I hope I got it right!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

The Ode

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 06:04 am:

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of recognition of Veterans Day here. In the past, it has had many posts. JMHO. Dave

Crew Chief/Door Gunner
271st ASHC Innkeepers (Chinook Helicopter)
Can Tho, RVN '70-'71

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 06:17 am:

Every day brings a close to many vets....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:21 am:

I didn't forget Veterans Day 2016, drove my '26 down to Milford, New Hampshire, picked up my brother Paul and we had the privilege of participating in their Veterans Day Parade. We both had a great time and as usual had lots of comments, stories and questions about Seabiscuit. The one I enjoyed the most came from a man older then us who told about "my father had one just like it, only not as good looking and when I was a child when I would get in it I would sometimes step on the starter button, you know it was right down there on the floor, then dad would always yell at me". Guess what, not one person asked how fast it would go! I guess there's a first time for everything.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: I'm working on a video and will post it later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:18 am:

Here's the video I made during the parade.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MWjneTuHuo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Great video Warren
I gotta get with you on what cam, etc. Later this winter when things slow down some!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Tim, I'm using a GoPro Hero 3+, it seems to work well. I will be glad to help and share whatever knowledge I have.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: I'll be posting today's video soon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration