New Addition to the MTFCA Model T Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Addition to the MTFCA Model T Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

The Museum is very excited to announce the arrival of "Bradley" a 1922 Model T pickup truck. A wonderful family from northern Indiana has loaned him to us with one unusual condition -- they want it to be driven, enjoyed, and used to educate people about Model Ts!

Last weekend when Larry Azevedo was in town he gave three grade school kids a tour of the Museum and then a ride in Bradley. They were ecstatic! Bradley also made an appearance at the Richmond, IN Veterans Day Parade.

Justin, our senior docent has learned to drive and on Sunday took three visitors from Bahrain for a ride. One gentleman was so excited that he started to cry because he never thought he would ever ride in a Model T!

Bradley is a great new ambassador for the Museum! We are very thankful to the folks who are sharing their T with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Great story and a great looking pickup!

Full disclosure - I am somewhat partial to pickups. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

It is a 1924 or 25 Ford, not 1922.

Note the following:

high radiator
high hood
high cowl
radiator shell lower apron
fenders with front lip on skirts

Also - 1922 Fords did not have slant windshields - they were introduced in the 1923 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Oops. That was my typo. It is indeed a 1925. Thank you, Erik, and sorry for the error!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Mark, I can see why you're partial!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

That's great! And as more folks hear about the opportunity to ride in a Model T, I believe it will encourage additional visitors. Thanks to all of you who are helping to make this possible.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

That's a "BEAUTY" Eric !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Mark, Your pickup and Bradley are almost twins. They are both gorgeous. MTFCA members, when you visit the museum, ask to see the annex and the vintage garage. That's where Bradly sleeps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Almost - mine is a 1924 cut-off touring car, it was converted to a pickup way before I got the car. Here are a couple pictures of it before it was restored by the previous owner in 2008:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:34 am:

That's exciting news indeed, Susan! Many thanks to the folks who loaned the pickup, for both the loan and their insistence that the car be driven.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration