Reached a wonderful Milestone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Reached a wonderful Milestone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Today my 26 took to the street the first time with me. It has sat for at least 35 years. It has fought me all the way but it runs and moves. Still has adjustments / bugs to work out but she is on her way back. Thanks for all help with my past problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Not sure how attach photo. Tried copy & paste no luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Click Upload Attachment.

Click Browse.

Click the picture file you want to post (jpg, 250 KB or less).

Click Upload, then Close.

A number like this will appear in the message box. That's your picture file.

Click Preview/Post.

Your picture appears in the Preview box. Click Post this Message to post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Says photo too large do not know how to make smaller. Thanks for your help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:17 pm:

Windows or Mac?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

windows

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Then the easiest way is to enter "free photo resize" in Google and use one of the free websites. They're all pretty easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 03:10 am:

I use to be able to post a pic but no more. I have
no problem on other forums only this one. And
Steve, I tried that & got no clue about megabytes
mm. ounces & kilograms lol. But then I daily read
micrometers but can not read a yard stick and
count with my fingers. Bless the calculator. My
puzzle question is some pics in here is full size
which I like so hows that done; don't look resized
to me??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 03:26 am:

The 250 KB limit allows for a picture big enough to fill the screen from top to bottom (about 720 pixels). Full size (2736 pixels high) would be way too big to fit.

My standard advice to guys who can't post pictures here is to have some kid teach you how. And I mean teach, not just show. Have them walk you through it slowly, step by step. Like anything else, it's easy when you know how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 05:22 am:

My Windows 10- I right click on the photo, click resize photo. When the resize box pops up choose ''small''. Then save a copy in the pictures file. Very easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:26 am:

And I would like to add to Steve's suggestion of having kids teach, is to TAKE NOTES...because until you do it over and over and over, I guarantee you will still forget it. I took notes from someone (see, forgot his name even!) on posting multiple pics w/text so it has a "readable flow"...so as to avoid the broken lines of text that we all know drives Steve nuts! And to be fair, me too!! Ha ha. I have posted at least three times multiple pics, and STILL use my notes taken from this persons advice!

And Gary is right, that's truly the easiest way in Windows. About the only good thing Windows has/does in my book. I'm a "convert" to Mac!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Don't resize your original photo. Make a copy and resize that so you still have the original full size for future use. Once you resize the original you can't get it back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

With all respect to the Mac users, many of us have a Windows OS just the same. This has been a recurring question to the Forum, so have this to share:
-How to re-size pics for MTFCA-
http://www.picresize.com/
This is the free site I've used, but easiest has been to do 'one-at-a-time'... With the Forum limiting picture size to under 250kb, try this:
1. On the site, 'Browse'/select your photo;
2. 'Continue',
3. Scroll completely down where you see 'Max Filesize' and enter '250' for Kilobytes;
4. Click the "I'm Done, Re-size".....
5. Next screen - 'Save to Disk', (Save File);
6. Go to the Forum/Classified site of MTFCA to prep your post.
7. Depending on your computer, you will likely find the 're-sized' pic in your "Downloads" or "Pictures" files.
7-a. Upload your attachment to MTFCA from there. It will show up in the typing area as an alpha-numeric display, when you can insert your additional message either before or after that alpha-numeric.
8. You will be able to 'preview' before doing your post if you want to make any changes.
If you wish, you may 'delete' the re-sized photos at any time, saving space on your computer. The re-size site does not 'store' your pictures.
Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

I'm with Marv. I use http://www.picresize.com/ as well. I can do all sorts of wonderfully snazzy things in Photoshop but when I want it quick and dirty, Picresize works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

My 26 Truck will now move on its own

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration