Wood Kit Diagram for 26 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wood Kit Diagram for 26 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Got my new wood kit from Lang’s for Ole Gert, my 26 touring car and am in the process of varnishing it. The problem is that the wood remains that I took out of the car when I dismantled it sure doesn’t look much like the new wood sitting out in my shop. Does anyone know of a diagram/DVD/instruction/road map for installing the new kit?? There are a whole lot more new pieces than there were old ones. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:20 am:

From the fordwood.com website:

wood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 02:29 am:

I bought my seat back wood for my touring from Ford Wood in Utah...it's patterned after actual wood from Model T. And it fits better than anything you can get from any of the vendors kits...they say their product may need some slight modifications for a better fit, but I didn't need to make any other than the round the rear seat backrest straight rail a bit, and that took about a minute with a disk sander. But the corners fit like they were custom made for my car (22 touring)...on 26-27 they use delrin like material that comes as one piece and you bend it to fit your seat back channel and fasten it with carriage bolts like you would the wood tack strips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 07:54 am:

Between the list of contents that came with the kit and the diagram shown above, I should be okay. Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Are you going to varnish the wood to protect it? I don't think any of it shows once the car is done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:23 am:

I agree that it will all be out of sight, but my mindset is to varnish and protect it while it is on the workbench, then install it so that the next caretaker won’t find the bits and pieces that I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Good point. I just got my 26 touring and it has no interior but it did come with a wood kid that the previous owner bought in the 70's. I hope it fits. Good luck with your project!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration