OT - tribute to an old soldier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - tribute to an old soldier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 11:13 am:

For anyone wondering, I've been away from the forum for a while due to personal issues.

If anyone would like to see it, I've put a video on my facebook page dedicated to may dad, who passed in August:

https://www.facebook.com/robheyen1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Welcome back friend! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Rob, That's a very nice video about your Dad. As a veteran, I know a few things about that also... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

I don't do facebook is there another way to see the video?

Thank you for your service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Same here. Would like to see the video. Rob and his family set the standard of life in America. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

You must be back from your excursion across the pond?! I do hope you and yours had a good time on the Run!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Wayne, yes, back. A great trip. I drove John Biggs 04 Model C the entire way, and my kids nearly froze to death. Great trip.

I've uploaded to DropBox. This brings tears to my eyes every time I play it. (disregard the typos, my hands were a little shaky as I put it together). It's been a really tough year:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lobtghg9kwlindt/Video%20Nov%2011%2C%208%2053%2010%20AM .mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

This is what I put with the video on FaceBook:

Tribute to an old Soldier:
If this doesn't bring a tear, nothing will. The thing I will always remember about my dad, he never let anything keep him down. For years he would have shrapnel from exploded shells work out of his back and neck, and have surgery and stitches.

He contracted a tropical fever while in the Philippines and New Guinea, and every winter he would have a relapse, being bedridden for a week to ten days. He just said, "it could have been worse, some of my friends never came home."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Thank You Rob. That is a very nice tribute to your Father. It reminded me of my Father.

THANK YOU VETS EVERYWHERE FOR YOUR SERVICE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Rob,

A fitting tribute to your Dad.

He was part of that "Greatest Generation" that did so much.

We owe our freedom to him and the others who did so much for our country from our earliest history and those who are still serving today.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

I knew from previous discussions that your dad was a very special man. But, although you have mentioned some of that in the past, I did not know just to what extent he had to carry his service with him through the rest of his life . You have shown your pride in him many times, and rightly so.

Again, all veterans, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 04:38 am:

Thanks Rob. I see that as a wonderful tribute to your dear father, but it also becomes a tribute to all who served each of their various Allied countries through that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 05:48 am:

Rob, what a great tribute to your Dad, especially at this time of year. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:51 am:

Hi, Rob -- I'm sorry to learn of your Dad's passing. I know the two of you were very close. Great video tribute.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration