Camerons swap meet OT: Maxwell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Camerons swap meet OT: Maxwell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Hope to see everyone tomorrow at our swap meet in Owatonna, MN I just purchased a 2 cyl Maxwell AB runabout. Could use some expertise on getting it running again. Looking for headlights, coil and mag for it. Looks like the weather will be great see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Lucky you, I love those little 2 cylinder Maxwells!

I can't help you with parts, but in addition to posting here, try posting on the HCCA classifieds:

http://www.hcca.org/classifieds.html

Can you post some pictures of your Maxwell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

I picked up a Maxwell wrench in a garage sale last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

There is a very helpful Yahoo Maxwell forum. The guys there can help you with parts and advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/473261.html?1409013012

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Mark,
Contact Merle Simonsma at: msimonsma@frontiernet.net
Merle is the authority on 2 cylinder Maxwells and has a treasure trove of parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Mark-
Forty years ago my dad RIP (electrical engineer and not an antique car guy) helped a friend re-wind a coil for his 1909 Model AA (?) Maxwell. Unfortunately, it did not operate as they had hoped. Our friend was a Honda enthusiast (in fact he had one of the first "Honda cars.") Anyway, he modified a Honda coil and fitted it inside the cylindrical canister for the Maxwell. Last I heard it worked fine.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

Mark,
I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but I'd love to help you out with your new affliction. The Maxwell 2-cylinder cars do very well on the NLNB Run, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Sheri there in August.

The original ignition is a the Achilles heel of these wonderful little oil drippers. Many of us are running dual-fire Harley coils with great success. If you choose to stick with the original system, RV Anderson can help you out. He was tempting me with a repro coil box and coil last spring at Chickasha.

Give me a call one of these days and I'll give you all the free advice you can stomach. I'm on the PM stretch of my schedule, so the best time to call is 0900-1300

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration