Engine rebuilders in the Knoxville TN area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine rebuilders in the Knoxville TN area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

My '21 came to me here in western NC from the Knoxville TN area. Morristown maybe. The engine has been rebuilt. I wonder if there is a go-to engine builder in the area? Just curious. No way of ever knowing who-dun-it I realize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Not in Knoxville but there is a builder in Leicester N.C ,Mike Rogers 828-775-1257.
Who did you purchase your car from ?

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 08:15 am:

I think you mean James Rogers at Dreamwerk's Engine rebulider's. But I don't know if he dose T motors anymore. I have one of his A motors in a 29 CCPU and love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:38 am:

Brent Terry is in Elizabethton, TN. His shop works on both Model A's and T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Mike, Brent does A engines and sends his T engines to James Mike Rogers, that's who recommended Mike to me. He re-did my 26 and installed a new Scat crank. Some people use Robert Carden in Newnan , Ga.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Rick- do you have any contact info for Robert Carden?
if you could PM me with it that would be great.
thanks,Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Rick,
Brent Terry has a new shop and has invested in all the necessary equipment to completely rebuild Model T's and A's from babbit on up to completion.
I have not been there be I know several A and T people that have been to his new shop and they have said it is A#1. Thought you and others might want to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Dan, sorry for the delay Robert Carden can be reached at 770-251-9174,170 Smith Rd, Newnan Ga, 30263.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Rick- thank you. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:30 am:

I do any including Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:22 am:

I am in the shop Mon-Fri 8 till 4. Being a one man operation, it is advisable to call before dropping by. I have done several T motors and transmissions in the Asheville-Knoxville area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Here in Knoxville, we have used babbit jobs from Atlanta and Somerset,Ky and most recently James Rogers. If you know who had the T you have, that is the best way to see who built it. If you are looking for someone to pour your mains, then James Rogers is the best choice.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration