1914 windshield mounting brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 windshield mounting brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig E. Luton on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Looking for information on mounting a windshield to a 14 dash

Lang’s has a set of special brass nuts and brass washers to mount the windshield brackets to the dash. And Snyder’s has brass acorn nuts, brass washers and steel studs for mounting the windshield brackets to the firewall (dash)
Which one is correct for a 1914 T, Brass nuts or brass acorn nuts?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

The original brackets were black painted steel. The original screws are brass plated steel. The nuts are 9/16" wrench size brass plated steel. There were no acorn style nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig E. Luton on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Craig:

I had my original brackets powder coated (Mirror Black) and used brass screws and nuts to install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Craig, What Royce said is correct, except that nuts are actually 19/32 hex x 5/16 thick. Langs sells these I believe. The nuts were also used on the windshield to body braces.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration