Engine Pan Identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine Pan Identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Can anyone identify which years these engine pans were used?

I cannot find this "two hole" variety in any of the original Ford part books and it does not appear that they are reproduced today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Should be later '26-'27 for the right side pan as can be used for either NH or Vaporizer.

The left side pan has the large slot for the steering column and pitman arm as the above photo shows. That is the correct left pan for late '24 and up.

The '23 and earlier left side pan doesn't have the large opening, but a separate port for the pitman arm. You have to remove the pitman arm to remove those earlier left side pans.

Two hole left side pan on '27

'23 and earlier right side pan with port for pitman arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Thanks Dan. Do you think these are the pans that the improved cars would have been equipped with from the factory? The parts books show the right side pan just having one oblong shaped hole. I'm wondering if the replacement parts were intended to be more generic.

P.S. If anyone sees this, I am looking for a correct set for a '23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

The driver side is correct for your 23. You just need the RH side with the oblong hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:00 am:

This is interesting because I purchased a left side pan as pictured above for my 23 and the pitman arm won't clear it when turning right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Tim - Which picture are you referring to?

Is there any definitive source for engine pan identification info (i.e. Vintage Ford article)? There does not seem to be too many variations in the design, but still a whole lot of confusion everytime the subject is brought up. Adding to the confusion seems to be the fact that not all versions are presently made today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Top picture, pan on the right. I missed typed- when the pitman arm rotates to the right side of the car it hits the pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Gail Roddas books might give a clue, but the answer is no. As I mentioned there is a rh pan only for 25-6 that no one seems to know about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration