RHD question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: RHD question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Just wondering ... on right hand drive Ts are the spark and throttle levers on the steering column reversed ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Tommy
Yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Yes! I have 1 left hand drive and 2 right hand drives and I put a piece of red tap around the spark lever to remind me when cranking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

That would be tough to get out of one and go drive the right hand, or so it seems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Actually I have had no problems. My '13 is RHD and my '27 is LHD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:10 am:

One of my 16'ns is LHD and the levers are reversed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:30 am:

I should have made that a little clearer, reversed to be the same as a RHD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

What about the pedals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Tom,
Pedal to foot configuration stays the same, just on the opposite side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

I'm pretty sure they were reversed in order to make it easier to adjust the spark from the outside of the car when hand cranking.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:12 am:

I agree Rob. My RHDs I can flick with a yard stick from the cranking position, LHD not so easy, takes a few steps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hoogendoorn on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:49 am:

With the exhaust passing right underneath the pedals the RHD has a lovely heater for your feet in winter. In summer it is sheer hell if you are wearing sandals.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration