Rubber plunger for Schrader 769 Tire Pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rubber plunger for Schrader 769 Tire Pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:16 am:

friends,

Any clue where I can get a replacement rubber plunger for my old tire pump? The tire pump is stamped "Schrader 769 USA". I saw the one at Lang's, but it measures 1.25''. Mine measures at 1.36 for the plunger and nearly 1.4 for the metal tube. any ideas?

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:01 am:

scratch that, I found a close part on the WW2 jeep forum for 1 1/2 in tubes. should work.

http://www.vintagejeeps.com/p-1842-tire-pump-rebuild-kit-tprk.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Tire pumps typically use a leather cup, not rubber.

Used to be very easy to find replacements at the hardware store.

Bicycle supply companies carry them but they are usually a much smaller diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Not that difficult to make one your self. Soak the leather in water. Clamp it into a form made of wood and let dry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration