Clogged ’27 Gas Tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Clogged ’27 Gas Tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:35 am:

I’ve been having on and off again trouble with the gas line feed in my ’27 since I topped off the tank in an out-of-the-way filling station on a tour last April. I finally got around to removing the shutoff valve/sediment bulb from the tank. The tank opening is packed with what looks/feels like chassis grease. I’d like to flush it with something but am leery about using anything water based. All suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks, Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Problem solved. I taped a turkey baster snout onto the end of my shop vac hose. I watched it suck out a lot of grease followed by a good bit of debris which rattled as it went through the snout. I’m not planning to bother with flushing the tank as everything was working fine until I got that bad gas. Two other T’s got gas there and I heard that another one had fuel problems too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

You may have dodged a bullet. Gas fumes going into a shop vac could produce a pretty exciting adventure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

You said it Steve. You were darn Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Yeah, Steve, I thought about that when I was considering vacuuming some tramp material out of the tank on my 26 touring. I chickened out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration