OT- Thoughts and prayers for NZ

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Thoughts and prayers for NZ
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 10:35 am:

My thoughts and prayers are for our friends in New Zealand who just went through another earthquake. The 7.8 quake hit just about 57 miles North Northeast of Christchurch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 10:53 am:

Thanks Dennis...hadn't heard until just now. Got the news playing on AOL atm....they now have a Tsunami warning and the NW coast of America is on alert. Sending them our prayers. Lots going on lately in the seismic dept. Gotta wonder. Ironically todays Gospel touched base on earthquakes and "other events" before the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in New Zealand.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

They now have Tsunami according to DrudgeReport. Lots of damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Okay here in Otago. Had the lights swinging but many people never even felt it. The Tsunami never eventuated here, although people in coastal communities headed for higher ground.

A different story further north, and now the confirmation of two fatalities. Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

First I'm hearing of this as well. Positive thoughts and prayers to all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Our area is due for a bad earthquake estimated at a 9 with a tsunami and a 38 foot wall of water I can only imagine what liquefaction will do to many homes including my own setting on sand.
Happy to hear you are okay Nevin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

I get my news here. Hopes and prayers for the well-being of all Kiwis !! Please keep us posted as you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

This was the first I saw/heard of this. Be careful, take care. Our hearts go out to you again. Christchurch and surrounding areas has been hit hard the past decade.
Wayne and Linda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

They got lucky. The expected Tsunami didn't materialize. They still have a mess. 2 fatalities. R.I.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Heard it in the TV news and thought - Oh no - now again! Hope the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Thanks for the kind thoughts folks. The Aussies don't call us "The Shaky Isles" for nothing. Those of you who have been here and travelled down/up the Kaikoura Coast between Picton and Christchurch wouldn't believe the damage. The road will be out for weeks I'd guess. It is quite terrifying as you have no control of things. It was at 2 minutes after midnight for us. Lucky most people were in bed when the earth moved for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 02:20 am:

There are some small towns in the area that are affected, mainly Kaikoura on the Sth Island east coast which is a popular tourist town for whale watching that is badly damaged but there was no tsunami;there is too much overuse of that fear these days. Christchurch was not affected. We get a lot of earthquakes, mostly not damaging, but we did loose our house & neighbourhood in the CHCH 2011 quake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris lawrence on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:49 am:

Thanks everyone. Lot of people shaken up. Quake was enough to be felt in Auckland and sloop the molten zinc around in the large pot at work in the galv line at nz steel. Let's see what our mega moon brings us tonight lol:-). Have been sitting on the running board of my t near wellington couple of years ago when a big shake went through. Interesting ride. Thanks for the thoughts. God bless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:39 am:

I got an email from a friend in Christchurch. He says the bridge over the river to his Mum's house is under 3 feet of water but she's OK because she bought lots of beer the day prior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:18 am:

I just saw a clip of film taken from a helicopter, three head of cows stranded on a "mesa", no way off. you can't imagine the devastation of the land surrounding. It looks like a bomb went off in a plowed field.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration