Sold my beloved T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sold my beloved T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

I sold my 1919 Speedster today. I rescued it as a foundling in a field 37 years ago. It was last used as a tractor and wasn't running when I brought it back to our farm. Two years later I had built a body, found the necessary sheet metal and applied a fold out stage. For the next twenty years I used it as a mobile stage for a traveling medicine show. [ Google Mark Osterman Medicine Show and click images]

After I brought it with me to a Rochester I had an accident and wrecked it. I rebuilt it as a speedster and drove it regularly here in Rochester.

It's gone now ..... I'll miss driving it .... but it goes to a good home. I taught the new owner how to drive it ... and so it goes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Mark,

Sorry to hear that.

But there is another happy T owner out there now

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Ha... yes Ed ... that's my speedster a few years ago before I re-upholstered the seats with leather I got from a sofa I found on the curb. Also added a double spare tire carrier.

The good news is that a 1923 runabout will be coming my way next Saturday. I couldn't own both.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration